Gateway set up and admin
Gateway set up and preparation (6 steps of design and development on the previous page need to be completed first)
Once your Webfolio has been created (at this point it should just need a link to the group blog for completion) you will need to do some Gateway preparation in PebblePad to ensure learners have access to the template.
You will need to …
- Create a gateway in the relevant ePPSME school and unit gateway.
- Create a group blog within the above created gateway and put a link to this blog in the Webfolio template.
- Add the Webfolio as a resource on the gateway, ensuring it is set to auto-download and auto-publish.
Help materials to do the above gateway tasks can be found here
A useful way to track learner progress and completion is to use this spreadsheet. This can then be published to the gateway at the end of the unit and kept archived with the completed webfolios.
Admin process to get learners started
- A start date will have been agreed and will have been highlighted in the unit guide page of the Webfolio. During the week prior to the start date, the School will have registered students and sent these instructions to the cohort on how to get an IT account (an IT account is needed by learners for the Monday of week 1).
- On the Monday of week 1, the School will give access to the Webfolio template to all learners in the cohort by adding them to the gateway and sending learners this working with your unit webfolio help sheet that will explain how to log into PebblePad and get started on the unit.
- ILE will include themselves as a learner on each gateway to ensure a master copy of the template exists in each cohort
- At the end of week 1 ILE will remove the webfolio template from the gateway. This is so the tutors are free to reuse and prepare this template for the next cohort (as they will need to change dates and group blog links for each cohort). If any latecomers contact the School after this point, the ILE can use their master copy on the gateway to give learners the access they need*.
Learners are also given access to the learner support pages
*Instructions for deleting a tutor webfolio template and making a master copy of a webfolio a gateway resource (if needed).
The unit tutor must record either Pass or Fail (P or F) within the PebblePad gateway alongside each learner's webfolio for EACH ePPSME unit. These results must ALSO be recorded in e-vision, this does not happen automatically. For learners to be eligible to register for the 20-credit module they must PASS all three associated ePPSME units.
Results of ePPSME units DO NOT go through module results boards (because no credit is being awarded).
Module results DO go through module results boards and are subject to usual moderation and reporting requirements.
Where iterations of modules are delivered in-house as well as on-line, module tutors should present a comparison of cohort achievement.